Have already managed a restaurant in the Raleigh/ Durham area and will be familiar with local buying sources, suppliers, and methods. A manager should be able to open and close the restaurant; purchase food and beverages; open the cash register(s); track inventory; train and manage the staff; deal with suppliers; develop and implement a marketing strategy; and handle other miscellaneous duties. Beyond these responsibilities, the manager must reflect the style and character of your restaurant.
Should have at least three years of non-management restaurant experience in addition to two years of managerial experience. have a background in small restaurants as we are a non-corporate eatery.
Has leadership skills and the ability to supervise personnel in the kitchen, service area, hospitality entrance, bar, lounge, and restrooms, and can also make customers feel welcome and comfortable.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both the front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers, and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait, Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep, and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils, and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage the restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly, and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait for staff
- Familiarities with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Strong leadership, motivational, and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus